Sunday, April 30, 2006

vacation

so i went to the mountains. South Carolina, to be exact.

it was plan C, because my buddy Jennifer couldn't go with me on a cruise as we had planned (she's a Nationwide Claims Rep and on Catastrophe duty - tornados cancelled her vacation) and Plan B, which had been to go to a one-day workshop in Virginia, got chunked cause the workshop was moved to June. so i remembered that my friend, Katharine, had offered to let me stay in her house in Clemson, SC, cause she'd be gone on a business trip and her husband, David, would be staying with some friends. my own personal B&B, with just some light dog-walking duty. =) so i took her up on the offer. yes, indeed, i was bound and determined to get the heck out of dodge for a few days.

Day 1, Thursday, April 20th - i took the scenic route through the mountains, on purpose. i have truly never enjoyed 9ish hours in the car so much in my entire life! i did stop frequently for pictures and little side trips.

Day 2 was at a day spa, which unfortunately did not turn out as I expected, and started the trip off on a bad foot.

Day 3, however, was wonderful - horseback riding, 5- mile hike, country store homemade fudge, and a historical museum grand opening (just happened to stumble upon). my legs literally told me at one point, "if you get out of this car one more time for a stinkin picture, i swear..."

Day 4 was SLEEP, a movie with Shiloh, Botanical Gardens, and dinner with my lovely hosts, Katharine and David.

Day 5 was the non-scenic route back (still not too shabby) to Franklin and straight to rehearsal.

Day 6 (yes, I extended it a bit locally, cause I had the day off for the women's praise & worship event) I enjoyed a good 90 minute massage, which was much needed cause my calves still hurt from that ambitious hike, and good long nap to re-coup from the trip.

here are some pictures

I highly recommend the slideshow =) (though I would change the speed to Slower so as to enjoy it more)

stories coming soon...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home