Monday, February 20, 2006

white stuff = H2O

i am sooooooo lovin the snow! the only thing that has remotely annoyed me is that it took me longer than i thought to leave for work on Saturday.

i went outside to scrape the snow off my windshield. lo, and behold, there was a layer of ice waiting for me underneath the powder. yikes! yeah, you know the drill - left the defrost running to melt it enough for me to scrape it off. i waited inside, where it was warm and toasty, though. my momma didn't raise no dummies!

funniest thing i saw Saturday had to be my cat's reaction to the snow.

we get up, eat breakfast, and she then heads straight to the balcony door, wanting to go out as usual. i'm just as curious as Sasha is, curious how she'll react to the snow. so, i open the sliding glass door, then the screen door and she bolts full force onto the balcony...

...for all of two steps. she takes two steps and stops cold (literally) in her tracks! she looks up at me like, "what IS this stuff???" and backs up onto the carpet shaking her paws off one at a time. there are two perfect kitty paw prints left in the fresh powder on the balcony (yeah, i didn't get a picture, soooo wish i had).

then my roommate's male cat, Kozwell, wants his turn outside, again, as usual. i open the sliding glass door, he takes one look and whiff and doesn't even move. he looks up at me like, "you have got to be kidding me, lady! i know what THAT stuff is."

yeah, he's from Chicago, where they have REAL snow. smart cat =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home