Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Return of the Crow


Sheryl Crow, one of my favorite performers, packed out Starwood Sunday night, along with John Mayer. Great show, as always. Not as high energy as I've seen Sheryl put on in previous shows, but hey, the woman's come back from breast cancer. Gotta give it up for her!

Highlights of the evening included a surprise duet with Keith Urban on "The First Cut is the Deepest" and a cover of The Stones' "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction." There was a "no photos" policy in effect and of course I snuck in my digital camera which was almost got confiscated (got busted when I forgot to turn off the flash - they just took the batteries) and some old cranky guy behind me barked at me to sit down so he could see. Hey man, just because you're too lazy (or old) to stand up, don't expect everyone else to be sitting down at a concert. You gotta be prepared to stand or just peek through the cracks between people like everyone else, especially at a Sheryl Crow concert! The nerve! My friend Johnny was there with me and later said that he should've turned around and told the guy that he was recovering from cancer and the Make a Wish Foundation had granted his wish to see Sheryl Crow in concert. That woulda shut him up! I know it's kinda wrong, but still funny.

Scammed pics, almost confiscated camera and an old guy yelling at you for rockin out too much. Good times.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home