Friday, July 28, 2006

Happy Birthday to Meeeeeeeeeee!

yes, indeed, my birthday was celebrated with style this year. twice!

Fiesta style:

went with my gurlz to Moe's Southwest Grill on my actual b'day (the 17th) for a small shindig. they had a few surprises for me. the first of which was pink (yes, i said pink) frilly Birthday Princess crown, which i actually did wear (much to your surprise, i'm sure). we had good food, of course (it's Moe's, they have "Burritos the size of your head!" according to my brother) and then cupcakes for dessert (which i did know about, cause Melissa asked me what kind i wanted), chocolate with cream cheese icing. YUM! and Mel even brought strawberries to top them off. good thing since she was driving crazy on the way and they fell over in the container (oh noooooo, not the icing!).

after we were so full we were about to pop, the guys from the kitchen came out with the Sombrero for me to wear while they sang Happy Birthday to me. continuing with the south of the border theme, even more fun ensued, as i was led out back to where the girls had a pinata waiting for me! it wasn't very sturdy, as i kept knocking it off the string that held it up! so i went after it softball style: they "pitched" the candy stuffed turtle to me, and i knocked it's head off! (albeit took 3 tries, but who's counting?) evidently, Melissa was very excited about getting her hands on some NERDS, because she stepped on my sandaled foot and we all went tumbling down like dominos. my freshly pedicured toes were fine (which of course, is most important). however, my foot was bruised the next day! dang, Melissa! that's some serious candy lust!

thanks for all the surprises, ladies. it was definitely one of the most fun birthdays i've ever had!

pictures coming soon...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home