Monday, February 04, 2008

Tuesday, 6:30pm CST

okay, so I know I have a ton of catching you up to do. it is true, I haven't written much in quite some time. for now, I must leap into the present...

much like the character Red in Shawshank, I find I'm so excited I can hardly hold a thought in my head. I have an interview this Tuesday for a teaching position at a local massage school.

I have wanted to venture in this direction for some time, not giving up my bodywork practice, just do a little less (to save my own shoulders, and right knee at present, for the long haul). the opportunity presented itself (with a little divine intervention, I do believe) as I was revamping my resume and beginning my search on careerbuilder.com. seriously had to be a god thing, I emailed about a position supposedly in Nashville that turned out to be one in Kentucky, but the lady knew their Nashville site was looking for instructors, too (tho there are no ads out), and even gave me names and numbers of who to contact.

whaddya know? a day later and I'd already been asked to come in for an interview AND (overwhelmed me a bit) practice teach a short lesson on draping while they observe and evaluate. ZOINKS! and they even mentioned to be prepared to stay and fill out paperwork if all goes well...HOLY CRAP! these guys are serious!

all I've been able to think about is my lesson plan and tweaking my resume. super duper graphic artist K. hooked me up with a new awesome logo for my header to help my res stand out. and my lesson plan is DONE. i've even got analogies with draping and dynamite and acrostics using the letters TNT to really make it stick. oh yeah, so patting myself on the back (and thanking Jesus, totally) for that. heh heh, I could even have my own theme song...

a little AC/DC anyone? T N T...DYN-O-MI-ITE!!!

also, the teaching hours don't even interfere with my hours at the spa right now, so I wouldn't even have to worry about changing them right away.

again, I'm soooooo excited I can hardly hold a thought in my head...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home