Tuesday, June 19, 2007

"when you feel like you're gonna faint, don't!"

that was from Tyler Perry's movie, "Daddy's Little Girls." Heather and I watched it Sunday night after an afternoon of nothing. it was a most welcome thing (the nothing and the movie) amongst the stress of trying to find a car before my apt's tow mine off the property (are we that snooty and insensitive to people's needs? i mean seriously, this place is not "low rent" but it's not "new money" or anything either).

the car prospects have seemed promising over the phone. then in person, not so much. evidently "a few scratches that you can hardly see" translates into the WHOLE passenger side of the vehicle being scratched from end to end by a guardrail they hit. brake lights not working, headliner sagging, seats broken, etc...

then a glimmer of hope:

a 96 Saturn, within my budget (barely, i am paying cash. dave ramsey would approve). had to ask my boss if i could get my quarterly bonus check early, and get this, he said yes and even offered to loan me more if I need it (interest free). and I have 3 offers to buy my wrecked car and I just listed it on craigslist today.

I remembered the words from the sermon in Tyler's movie, something to the effect of "when you feel like you're gonna faint. Don't! cause that's right when God's about to do a miracle!"

okay, Lord. I'm going to look at this car tomorrow. do your thang! help it to be exactly what i need, amen.

1 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Blogger loofrin said...

nice. good for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home