Thursday, March 31, 2005

spa day aka bartering rocks!



yes, it was a glorious day of much needed pampering for Jill today. i even got up early for it (early means before 9 am to me).

i've been stressed for no apparent reason, at least not that i can figure out, and have mucho tension still in the neck/shoulders/jaw/head from getting a new bite guard for my tmj dysfunction (i clench my jaw at night while sleeping and it can cause major migraines if i don't use the bite guard). my body is still getting used to the new guard (we're still adjusting it, too), and i got a new pillow, plus usual wear and tear from doing massage for a living adds up to jill has to get a massage every two weeks (oh the horror, i know) in order to be able to massage everybody else.

so i started the day off with a lovely facial from 9-10, cleansing out all the pores and such. then it was off to soak in one of the jacuzzi tubs with lots of bubbles and salts for a half hour. (yes, i know you are jealous already!) then i had to go across the street to the dentist to have the bite guard adjusted, but no, the spa day was not over. this was all in the planning. last and most certainly NOT least, was an hour massage working out all the kinks in my shoulders and loosening the tight muscles in my neck/head/and face. and you'd think the pampering was over, right? nope, headed home next for a very lovely nap.

and the sidedish of the day was retail therapy, after the nap and doing some stuff at church. i went to the fabric store and FINALLY (cue music now) found some sheer fabric to use as a window scarf in my room. yay for "drapes" to dress up dull boring, yet free, miniblinds! then i meandered through the used book store and Borders and picked up a couple of new treats to feed my mind.

as i'm putting up my new drapescarf thingy, i notice the flyer that's been on my desk for a couple of weeks for an upcoming songwriter workshop. think i'm supposed to go to it. call and check, yep, they still have spaces available. cool. registration is going in the mail tomorrow =)

call to grandma, hot soup for dinner, watched a little tv (love Without A Trace) and now the noggin's gettin ready for some nourishment as the head gets ready to hit the pillow. grooviness. maybe even put on some good tunes, Nickel Creek or Waterdeep feels about right today.

how do i get two relaxing days in one week, you ask? yeah, i don't know either, other than God is good, all the time. and all the time, God is good. plus, my personal philosophy, you've gotta take care of your body; it's the only one you get!

2 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Blogger rebekah said...

i want your life.

 
At 12:55 AM, Blogger Dan said...

I read your post on my blog and appreciated it, so I figured I would check yours and I liked what I found. You speak from your heart, but the difference is, your heart speaks youth, beauty, innocence. There is a child likeness to it. Keep pursuing, the rabbit hole only goes deeper. I am going to a Wild at heart boot camp this week. Eldredge is my hero:) blessings. Dan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home