Wednesday, March 16, 2005

happiness

okay, so you know how annoying it is when your bottom eyelid spasms for no apparent reason? mine has been doing it on and off every day for a week! for no apparent reason! talk about annoying! AAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!

now that i've got that out of my system (thanks for listening), i just wanted to give a shout out to those of you who actually read my blog. somebody =) told me last night that they are a huge fan of my blog (wow, really? somebody actually does read it? cause there haven't been any comments lately...) and that really made my day. thanks for readin & SAAAAAH-LUTE!!!!

so this morning the hymn "Trust and Obey" was ringin in my head. you know, "trust and obey, for there's no other way, to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey." it was probably on my mind because a different someone told me last night that the reason God was blessing me was because i am being obedient. now i'm really not bragging, but it just struck me as odd first, that i am actually possibly being obedient (imagine that) and secondly, that it could be that simple. happiness. by trusting and obeying. hmmm.

we really are like whiny kids most days. asking God "why?" or "why not?" or "why now?" or "but i really want this" and "why can't i have that?". just like whiny kids pestering their parents, who really do know what's best for them and are trying to teach the kids and protect them at the same time. sometimes there really is no other answer besides "because i said so" because we wouldn't understand it our parents tried to explain it to us. our minds couldn't comprehend the explanation yet. the parents can see what is best, from experience and big picture knowledge, while the kids only see what is happening now and how it is affecting their now.

how much is God like that with us? only wanting us to trust that he knows best from experience and big picture k nowledge. to realize that there is such freedom and happiness if we'd only obey, and trust that, indeed, Father Knows Best.

1 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Ok, ok. I succumb to the pressure!! I am proud to say that I am "certain someone" #1. I do read this blog and have really enjoyed reading about how God has been refining you recently. I feel like he's been doing the same thing to me, which is why I haven't posted a comment. I feel like I have so much to say and too little time to comment! (See, this one's getting long already). "Now to him who is able to do more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations , for ever and ever! Amen." -Ephesians 3:20-21

 

Post a Comment

<< Home