Monday, August 15, 2005

book or worm?

man, i gotta go read this! it makes me sound pretty awesome, if i'm really this book ;)




You're A Prayer for Owen Meany!

by John Irving

Despite humble and perhaps literally small beginnings, you inspire faith in almost everyone you know. You are an agent of higher powers, and you manifest this fact in mysterious and loud ways. A sense of destiny pervades your every waking moment, and you prepare with great detail for destiny fulfilled. When you speak, IT SOUNDS LIKE THIS!


Take the Book Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.

4 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Blogger Mary Anna said...

I've read this book (one of my favorite authors) and it's a masterpiece! You'll definitely enjoy it! And then rent the movie after you've read the book!

 
At 12:47 AM, Blogger loofrin said...

Great book. I've read it three of four times. The movie (Simon Birch) was okay, but I would recommend it. Irving can be tough, though. I've found that I either LOVE his books or absolutely hate them.

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger jillymae said...

i bought it yesterday and am loving it! what an awesome book =) the imagery reminds me of Donald Miller's style of writing. or, maybe Donald Miller writes like John Irving, since Irving has been writing longer. I just happened to read Miller first.

 
At 7:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read Blue Like Jazz, and it blew my brain. The guy could be my brother; he was saying the exact things that I've been thinking for years. Now I don't have much of a book to write!
--DB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home