Monday, October 25, 2004

movieng thoughts

i watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind the other night. very interesting movie. Jim Carrey's character decides to get the memories of his girlfirend erased when he finds out she is erasing him. but as she is being erased from his mind, he is taken through the good memories and realizes he doesn't want her erased. so he decides to take her to corners of his mind where she wouldn't normally be so they can't find her, so she won't be erased. but they find her there, in his mind. yet the next day, he finds himself drawn to her, to meet her in their favorite place. and they begin again.

i wonder what my life would be like if i had never known You...

would i still play guitar
like a kid intent on communicating deep desires of the heart
as if i were wishing on a star

would i lie still in the coolness of grass
staring up at the cloud parade
wondering how they were made

when i see a quiet pool
nestled in a bed of rock
would the words so tried and true
of a song made just for you
come wafting through my ears
making sense after all these years

would i be kind and gentle
never meeting a stranger
would i even know the name of a boy
who was born in a manger

would i treasure small joys
like a Pez candy toy
or "you're caller number three!"
would i know such glee

would my cat sense my pain
curl up on top of me again
purring me to sleep
would i give her my soul to keep

would the symbol of a cross mean anything to me
would i know someone died on a hill called Calvary
that it was the baby from the manger
born to die to set me free

would i know His name is Jesus
that He is Your Son
that He would be the only One
to love all of me, each and every part
even the ones i don't want to admit are there
even all the gray hairs
are there any corners of my heart You don't want to share

would my hands be instruments of peace and healing
or would they wage wars without feeling

would there be hope in letting go
would i think of forgiveness when i see snow
could i hear the trees talk
leaves whispering as wind blows

would shade be as cool
would the sun be as bright
would i still be entranced by shadows of moonlight
would there be any comfort
through dark and stormy nights

would a hug still my soul
would ice cream keep you from growing old
if You were erased from my memory
would deep still call to deep inside of me

what would my life be like if i had never known You
though my questions may never be few
and some answers i may never know
like Peter, i say, "Lord, where else would i go?"




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home